Friday, March 16, 2007

One Hit Wonder?

According to their website, "The 2007 Rocky Mountain Ultra Schedule is being finalized and will be released by March 15th".


Can I get a time check please?

Yup, its March 16th and we have no announcement of the 2007 Rocky Mountain Ultra Series.

I thought this series would gain momentum after the buzz it generated during its first year. I know that many folks I talked to told me they were at specific events last year because the events were part of this series. Selfishly, I love the idea of having a series of great endurance events within a 12 hour drive of my home. I should have a pretty firm race plan by this point but I really want to see if the RMU is going to happen for 2007 so I still feel as if I am in limbo. I am hoping they announce a bigger and better series with more race choices, promises of regular series standings updates, and something for the winners at the end of the year.

The big news here is riding outside...on a road bike! The roadside snow banks are melting fast and leaving us with dry roads and temps in the mid 40s to a possible 50F this weekend. I see a big road in my near future.









No comments: