Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Very Successful Pierre's Hole

Wow, what a weekend. Michelle and I raced the Pierre's Hole 100-Mile as a team and finished in 10:56:00. The only other 100-mile team was made up of local fast-guys Ben & Aaron. The course was every bit as hard as we thought it would be, and then some, and the weather was just nasty enough to make it interesting but not impossible.

Photo credit to Mac McCoy. Thanks to Mac & Nancy for volunteering at the Dry Creek Aid Station for a while and cheering us on! Obviously this pic was taken on my first of three laps, Ha!

Congrats to all of my homies for strong races. Since Michelle led off our team effort I got to see the start and cheer everyone on as they came through after the "Start Lap".

Lastly, Andy Williams of Grand Targhee and Troy Barry deserve a huge congrats too. They put on an excellent race and I know this one will grow into something big. I am saying it now...next year there will be 200 racers at the Pierre's Hole 50/100.

More later after a little more rest...

4 comments:

Lars said...

Way to go Dave and Michelle! I aspire to be one of the 200 next year! Great photo by Mack...

Jeff Kerkove said...

Who was taking photos? I say a guy snap some of me....do you have his contact?

T-Race said...

Great job Team Byers! Awesome pic!

Dave Saurman - Livin' The Dream said...

You ANIMALS. Go. Good job guys. I am also psyched for next year. How much fun can we keep having? Does it ever end? DS