Monday, June 9, 2008

Big Ride Sunday

Weather: 45F and cloudy & windy, warming to 50F
Bike: Mountain Bike
Distance: 51 Miles
Moving Time: 6:01:00

Chris E joined me for the first 2.5 hours of my planned 6 hour ride and took me on a tour of Victor's secret trails and backroads. We connected dirt roads, gravel, pavement, double-track, and muddy singletrack in an interesting loop that put us right back Chris' house where I refilled a bottle and then kept it rolling.


A big winter means lots of trail work to be done

My plan after leaving Chris was to explore the Power Line trail and Rainey Creek Rd. It felt great to be on the mtn bike even if it wasn't pure singletrack. The legs were definitely feeling the two prior days' efforts though. I didn't have a lot of zip but I felt like I could just keep grinding along forever.


My little camera makes these two look farther away than they really were. I didn't want to upset momma so I took my time getting by them!


Rainey Creek Rd was a cool find. There were a couple of big snow drifts blocking the road which meant I had the road to myself instead of having to share it with trucks and ATVs. I also saw several spur roads & double-track trails I want to go back and explore soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all 3 rides Dave. If this is what your training schedule looks like on a weekly basis you are an animal.

I have a long way to go in a very short time.