Sunday, February 15, 2009

FINISHED: 26 Hours, 42 Minutes

A full race report will happen once I get a little sleep but I am very psyched to have finished the Su100 this year in tough biking conditions.

I experienced great highs and a couple of severe lows, met a bunch great people, saw some beautiful scenery while the sun was out Saturday, and learned a lot from this one.

Congrats to everyone who finished this one and thanks to all of the checkpoint volunteers who generously give up their homes and/or lodges to a bunch of stinky racers for two days straight.

Lastly, thank you to Michelle and all of my wonderful friends who sent good vibes from Victor and Jackson!

6 comments:

Doug said...

I was checking results all day and sending those good vibes from Minnesota as well. Congrats on the finish. I'm very happy for you. Can't wait to read your write-up!

Unknown said...

Dave,
We were also checking the results often. Nice work and as always you make us all proud. Congrats and come home soon.

M&M

Anonymous said...

Way to overcome your lows and ride the slog. Looks as if you killed the last miles from the checkpoint.
I am very proud of you, congrats.

Grizzly Adam said...

Great work! That is a nice feather in the cap. Way to fight through the low points and overcome.

Lynda Wallenfels said...

Congrats! You did it. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dave!!! I am so excited and happy for you! Way to achieve your goal!! Can't wait for the full story!