Monday, December 8, 2008

A new set of tools

The 3-day Level 1 Avalanche class left me with wanting more. I have so many more questions because all of this is new to me and the cool part is that every day in the backcountry this season will be a learning experience.



Prior to this class I would typically skip over this section of the weekly summary at JHavalanche.org and read the overall rating. Now I can dive in and will pay close attention. I don't want to become a full-on snow geek but I know I will take the Level 2 class next year once I have more experience.

Most importantly, I can now contribute to a group's decision making process about the day's travel plan and have a set of tools to use to make an educated decision.

What perfect timing...it snowed 6-8" overnight and more is on the way.

No comments: