Monday, May 26, 2008

Fenders rule. Flats suck.

More rain in the forecast for Sunday so I took the cross bike with fenders out for the big ride. I am rain magnet.

1 hour into the ride the skies darkened and it began to rain but I was prepared for it and was having a great ride.

3:50:00 into the ride I get a flat in the rear. No biggie, I change it...but being cold and not very dexterous, I didn't check the tire thoroughly before swapping the tube. Dumb.

4:05:00 into the ride I get flat number two in the rear and I am out of tubes. Luckily I was only 2 miles from home via a muddy backroad shortcut so I walked home intending to change the tube in the garage and go back out.

My wet clothes finally took their toll and I was shivering by the time I got home so I dried off, changed, and rallied for a mind-numbing hour on the trainer in the warmth of the house.

I think I will carry two tubes on all long rides now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make it stop. I have to ride my bike on dirt too.

Hope you guys had a good ride. Looked like fun.

When will summer come and dry out the trails?