Friday, April 8, 2011

Ctrl-Alt-Delete

...and Restart. It feels as if I am starting over from square one with my training this season. As I jokingly told Lynda on the phone, at least I won't have to worry about a mid-season burnout. Ha!

The timing of getting sick, as if there is ever a "good" time to get sick, was particularly bad for me because it came after a recovery period following Old Pueblo and just when I was about to ramp it up again, whammo, I got sick for nearly three weeks.

My first "training" ride in almost three weeks...Variable Cadence. Check out how my HR creeps up when my cadence goes up. Can you tell I am a masher and not a spinner?

A couple of significant changes to my routine will be the addition of regular Active Isolated Stretching sessions as well as Yoga. My experience with Yoga so far is worthy of its own post but for now I will simply say that Yoga is not easy for me.

6 comments:

T-Race said...

Glad your feelin' betta Dave! Hang in there, it will all come together. Remember to have fun!

Eszter said...

Yoga is the best gift you can ever give your body, at least in my opinion.

Glad you're feeling better. The summer is long. Yay!

Carney said...

Dang - better now than June I guess!

Yoga is rad - I spent the fall/winter going as much as I could and it has made a night and day difference with my stability on and off the bike!

Anonymous said...

I like to stretch on in pact.I hear you on mid season or is it mid season already. In Cali I think it is mid season. See you out there riding in the hood & good luck on your racing this season!

Lynda Wallenfels said...

That is a pretty chart :-)

AJ said...

Glad to hear that you're back in action! I was a few weeks ahead of you with the funk--crushing.

Separated my shoulder on Treasure Mountain a week ago--good motivation to get off the snowboard and on the bike. Let's get out together!