Thursday, July 12, 2007

Exploring

Last night after work I grabbed the GPS and headed out to the end of Horseshoe Canyon for a little exploring. I wanted to ride for a couple of hours and see if I could piece together a new route to the top of the Big Holes and then use the new route as part of a BIG ride on Sat.

Everything I rode was either gravel, dirt road , or double track but it was a blast exploring new stuff and I didn't see a single person. We have some great trails here but the majority of them go straight up and then straight down which is not always the best thing for training purposes. I will definitely add the dirt I found last night to the training arsenal. When I got home and looked at my ride profile I was amazed to see that I had climbed almost 3000' in a couple of hours of JRA.

No comments: