Thursday, May 24, 2007

A few hills...

When JayP calls and says he is thinking about a mountain bike ride with "a few hills" you better bring the climbing legs and your "A" game. Perfect! I was ready for a good thrashing and trying to keep Jay in my sights for 2 1/2 hours provided just that.

21 miles and 4,100' of climbing later we were back at the trucks and I had that raspy throat feeling that you get when your heart rate has been pegged for while and you are sucking as much air as possible through your mouth. Plus, I learned a couple new dirt climbs & trails to add to the training arsenal.

Jay is looking super strong and his new Orbea carbon 29er is light! That is a deadly combo GDR fans!

2 comments:

FixieDave said...

Jay,Pete, Matt are gonna be the ones to watch up front on the GDR...

My money is on Matt though

Jill Homer said...

This is the year for the GDR, isn't it? I wouldn't be entirely surprised if more than one person comes in under 16 days. There just seems to be several strong riders out there that are going to push each other forward. Go JayP!