Monday, April 25, 2011

Solo Mini-Camp

GOAL: Squeeze in three quality rides on desert singletrack for my physical & mental well-being
RESULT: Mission accomplished

Hurricane Rim Trail

I spent a lot time driving between Friday and Sunday but the end result was totally worth it. I powered down to St. George and was able to ride Friday afternoon, Saturday, and early Sunday morning before blazing straight home again.

Friday’s ride in the sunshine blew out the cobwebs after a long time away from dry dirt and put a big smile on my face. I drove straight to the Cove Wash Trailhead and rode Barrel Roll + Rim Reaper/Rim Rock/Rim Runner. I LOVE those trails. However, the highlight of Friday was dinner with the new AZT 300 Champ, Lynda. It was great to hang out with Lynda and hear all about her incredible race first-hand. Check out Outside Magazine’s Blog about Lynda’s AZT 300.

The desert flowers are just a few days away from going off!

A few random thoughts from the weekend:
- Ergon GR2 grips ROCK on the singlespeed
- Crashes hurt less if you are listening to good tunes
- It wouldn’t be a trip to the desert for me without a little rain
- I am not sure I will ever clean the entire Barrel Cacti descent
- If you ride begin your ride at 6:20am on Easter Sunday in St. George, you will have the trails all to yourself.

Groovy Jem Trail singletrack

No comments: