Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bam! - It's Snow Bike Season

Michelle and I had visions of riding red dirt in St. George, UT over Thanksgiving but Mother Nature had other ideas and gave us icy roads & blowing snow. We decided to stay home and busted out the snow bikes instead (skis tomorrow). It only took one ride to get back in the groove and remember all the little tricks to stay comfy on the bike when its cold outside.

More snow began to fall this afternoon

Kenai loves snow biking!

It is very mid-winter-like for Thanksgiving weekend

The Osprey Hydraform Reservoir is working well so far this winter

Thursday's ride in single-digit temps shed light on a new piece of snow bike gear. I started using the Osprey Hydraulic Reservoirs this summer and really like them in my mountain bike packs so I thought I would try it out in the winter. No freezing yet...I am very excited and optimistic about this. Even when using all the known tricks, I still manage to freeze my Camelbak bladder at times.

No comments: