I think I finally tracked down the mysterious creak in my Air 9 that has been haunting me since the Cream Puff. I am 95% sure it was my Time Atac pedals! Man, I can't stand riding a noisy bike.
I had done the following BEFORE pulling apart the pedals and re-greasing the spindles, which Time says that you should never have to do:
- Pulled bottom bracket out and re-greased threads
- Took all chainrings off and greased all chainring bolts
- Cleaned all cable housing ferrules, and added anti-seize to the tip of each ferrule
- Cleaned and re-greased seatpost clamp & seatpost
- Removed derailleur hanger, cleaned, and greased where it meets the frame
- Checked all skewers
EDIT 8/17/09: The friggin' creak is back already after racing Pierre's Hole!
Michelle and I are racing the Pierre's Hole 50/100 this weekend as a team. Woohoo! I am psyched to see Michelle get the racing bug again. Targhee sits at 8,000' and can be a weather magnet so this could be interesting given the wet forecast.
After seeing our forecast for Saturday deteriorate, I decided to mount up these