Monday, July 21, 2008

Rest. Go Hard. Rest more.

I thought I was ready to rip only four days after the Park City Perfect 10 so I headed to my favorite paved climb last Wed for some L5 intervals of pain. Evidently my body didn't send the correct signals to my brain because I was clearly not recovered and I pulled the plug early.

After a bit more rest and mellow riding I lined up a vigorous ride with JayP and TraceyP on Saturday in Jackson for 3+ hours of singletrack practice. JayP is riding really strong and I think he is ready to make some noise at the 24 Hour Solo Worlds this weekend. TraceyP is riding as strong as ever too and I can't keep her in sight on the descents!

Sunday was another awesome day with Michelle. We headed up to the Ghee with our bikes, food, and camp chairs for an all-day outing.

First we rode two cruisy laps on the sweet singletrack

Then we headed into the Music Festival to hang out the rest of the day

Lyle was great as usual and the event was well-done. Events at Targhee have such a great vibe and everyone always seems to be having fun.

Riding and smiling

No comments: