Monday, May 19, 2008

70s and smiling

I cannot begin to tell you how nice it was to ride my bike for three days in a row and NOT be cold. Teton Valley, ID finally hit the 70F mark for the first time in 2008 which meant that I got to ride in shorts and short sleeves for the first time in 2008 as well. I would like to apologize to anyone who was blinded by my milk-toast white legs over the weekend...I am now officially working on my cycle-tan.

With no dry dirt in sight, road riding has been on the menu and training is going well. The PowerTap has helped to keep me motivated and on track while educating me at the same time. Sometime the numbers surprise me and sometime they disappoint. Friday's intervals on the Targhee climb were satisfyingly painful. Lenny Kravitz and The Reverend Horton Heat kept me going.



Friday and Saturday's rides took me up to Targhee which never gets old. The climb is a nice 6+% grade and you can cruise it or you can mash it. Judging by how much snow is still up there, we won't be biking the singletrack at the Ghee until July.



We are settling into the new casa nicely and I finally got to work on organizing the garage...my happy place. I need to build a workbench but at least I can find all of my bike tools now. :)

No comments: