As soon as the dust settled after the 2013 edition of Pierre's Hole, Andy Williams got busy building new singletrack in Rick's Basin and this year's race will feature all of that new singletrack. What does this mean? This means that the heinous Dry Creek / Bustle Creek double-track has been eliminated and replaced with sweet singletrack. It also means that a big hunk of pavement on Ski Hill Rd is no longer part of the course because we no longer drop all the way down to Teton Canyon. Does this mean that Pierre's Hole will now be a "kinder, gentler" 100-mile race? Not so fast my friend. While I do think the course will be about 30' faster than 2013 (just an educated guess), I think most racers will feel that the course is plenty tough despite being less than 100 miles.
In addition to an awesome new course, we can expect the same great course markings, race schwag, awards, post-race food & beverages, and event organization that Pierre's Hole is known for.
2014 Race Facts:
- 50K Racers will do 1 lap
- 100K Racers will do 2 laps
- 100 Mile Racers will do 3 laps
- There will be two Aid Stations: Aid #1 - Start / Finish area, Aid #2 - Cold Springs
- Not counting the start, 100-mile racers will go through the aid stations a total of five times
- Lap 1 will use the Powder Reserve Traverse to spread the race out
- Laps 2 & 3 will use the Lightening Ridge singletrack
The 2014 Pierre's Hole Course:
|Laps 2 & 3 Profile|
|Grand Targhee base area|
|2014 Pierre's Hole Course|
|Course view from Teton Canyon|